Saturday 30 January 2016

Sussex

The trip to Alfriston Sussex was to Consulo's funeral and it was very strange to find oneself among so many people who she had introduced at parties, lunches, dinners, theatre, holidays and so strange not find her there.  She had style and class and was a special person in my life.  The service was in a 14 century church, St. Andrew's.  The Cuckmere River had broken its banks and many fields were flooded. I stayed at  Dean's Place and visited Seaford Head.  I parked at Hangman's Barn from where I walked down to Seaford Head, Seven Sisters Country Park and the Cuckmere River. I then drove to Birling gap where I joined many others watching wind surfers battling with the waves.  The gate to the beach had been locked as the sea was really rough and it was really cold and windy.




No comments:

Post a Comment