Thursday 13 August 2015

Wicken Fen

I jumped at the chance at an outing to Wicken Fen with friends from the Cambridge Camera Club.  It is always fun and a wonderful chance to learn from more experienced photographers.  Thank you Barry for sorting out my Lee filter system, it is always a great asset to have a skilled engineer to help out. Despite it being really windy, it did not deter the mosquitoes from biting most of us.  I, like most, had my socks pulled well over my trousers but I still ended up with bites on my legs. Bug spray seems to be essential for a day's macro-work in the reeds.  It is one thing trying to get a good shot of an insect with the eyes in focus and the specimen in the right plane, let alone identify the correct nomenclature.  It almost became a competition to find the ugliest bug.

Thank you Ann for getting me a shot of a red dragonfly.  Everyone seemed concerned I would fall in the water-filled ditch as I attempted to hold the camera on live-view on the edge of the bank. I wonder why!













No comments:

Post a Comment