Tuesday 18 November 2014




Vanessa Bell and Duncan Grant - the Font
 

Duncan Grant and Vanessa Bell painted in Berwick Church Sussex (A grade I listed church). It was such a dark day when I visited it was difficult to see the artwork.  They were influenced by the Renaissance, Italy and transformed the church with frescos.  The only visible artwork the day I visited was on the font and the colours of the columns so I shall only have to visit again.  There is a great pub "The Cricketers Arms" up the lane from the church and a great place for lunch. http://www.cricketersberwick.co.uk





Browsing in an Antique Shop was an eye opener as Taxidermy was certainly a feature.  I was pleased to see the wooden rocking horse after discovering the pig, dog birds and a deer. I never realised that there is a Guild of Taxidermists that was established in 1976.

No comments:

Post a Comment