Thursday 3 March 2016

Polemere Nature Reserve

I had a couple of hours this afternoon to see if I could find the hide at Polemere Nature Reserve. Perplexed, as I could not see any sign of what I had imagined,  I pulled over in the lane to take a closer look at a pool which had lovely reflections. As I stood on the bank looking at the pool wondering if I had found the Nature reserve. I met a lady in the lane who pointed out the way to the hide only feet away, an amazing hide which was just so comfortable and with reference books, charts and notices. Looking out I could hear the Lapwings distinctive sound which apparently is evident of pre-pairing for the breeding season. I was amazed and fascinated to have found a place like this only 10 minutes from the house and I have now looked up the Website to discover more interesting places and projects in the area.

Polemere is about 6 miles south-west of Shrewsbury: NGR SJ41310939






No comments:

Post a Comment