Wednesday 10 February 2016

Ashes Hollow, Long Mynd

Caroline introduced me to this amazing place.  It has rained so much lately in Shropshire that everywhere seems water logged and muddy. We couldn't cross the stream not having our waders so we ventured up a hill to attempt to join the route at a different point, all was going well until we realised my respite time was fast running out.  Gamely, we slid down the hills only to be met in our wet, green stained sheep shit pants by a fell runner at the bottom on his way up.  It was a good day out and lovely to be in the landscape though tomorrow, I am sure I will feel my gluteal muscles well exercised and the gastrocnemius well stretched. Thank you Caroline for a fun and great day, you have to admit we did laugh!












No comments:

Post a Comment